This project by Gateway South has registered for a Design v1.2 IS Rating.
This is a $620 million project jointly funded by Australian and State governments ($496 million federally funded and $124 million state funded). The Darlington Upgrade Project is another important stage in the delivery of Adelaide’s North-South Corridor and will deliver an upgrade of approximately 3.3 kilometres of the existing Main South Road, including:
- A non-stop motorway between the Southern Expressway and Tonsley Boulevard.
- A lowered, non-stop motorway passing underneath Flinders Drive, Sturt Road, Sutton Road/Mimosa Terrace and Tonsley Boulevard.
- Grade separation of the Main South Road/Ayliffes Road/Shepherds Hill Road intersection.
- Main South Road (at grade) surface roads along both sides of the lowered motorway to provide connections to Flinders Drive, Sturt Road and most local roads.
- Full free flow interchange at the Southern Expressway/Main South Road with dedicated ramps providing direct access to the new motorway and Main South Road.
- Rating Type Road
- Registered Date August 2016
- Jurisdiction Australia
- States SA
- Suburb Adelaide
- Assessor Laura Meredith
- Annual Operating Cost $387 Million
- Other Stakeholders Fulton Hogan, Laing O'Rourke, SMEC, DPTI Gateway South, KBR
For more information about this project, visit the infrastructure SA website.