Meet The Trainer | Kat O'mara
Questions and Answers
1. What would you sing at Karaoke night? Why have you chosen this song?
Barbie Girl by Aqua…because it’s hilarious!
2. What is a fun or interesting fact about your hometown?
I have no idea if this is true, but never left facts get in the way of a good story!
Apparently Taleb’s inspiration for naming the phenomenon where the world is massively impacted by rare and unpredictable events (like COVID!) as ‘Black Swan events’ came about from the discovery of black swans in the Swan River, not the white ones that are found in Europe.
3. What is your favorite thing about your career?
The people I get to meet and the interesting projects I’ve been involved with.
4. Have you ever had to “unlearn” something in your professional life? What was it and why did you have to unlearn it?
Too many to count!
5. What’s something that has surprised you about your chosen career path?
It’s a long way from where I thought I’d end up
6. Where do you see yourself in five years?
Who knows!!! My goal of being an astronaut died three years ago and I haven’t thought about what I’m going to do when I grow up because I’m still learning so much!
7. What’s your favorite famous or inspirational quote?
My very fav is to long one!!!
So this will do…. I got this on a card from my first HR manager; who was Don Pyke’s (the ex Eagle, coach of Adelaide) wife. The framed card sits behind me in my office at home.
Accept the challenges so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory.