Senior Sustainability Consultant
Due to continued growth, Cardno’s Water & Environment team is currently seeking a highly motivated and experienced Senior Sustainability Consultant to join our busy team in Melbourne CBD.
Over the last few years Cardno has continued to establish its footprint within the sustainability sector by delivering excellent and complex environmental and sustainability solutions to private clients, governments and communities across Australia, the Pacific and South-east Asia.
Focusing on construction management, land development and infrastructure projects, we have not only led some of the most significant sustainable and social projects, but also have strong involvement with the Infrastructure Sustainability Council of Australia through Working Groups and development of V2.0.
Joining Cardno means being part of something more than the average engineering firm. Following Cardno’s vision, we strive to find new ways to protect, conserve and enhance our physical, social, economic and cultural environments, while responsibly managing the resources and ecosystems on which future generations depend.
As a candidate with sophisticated years of experience, you’ll be instrumental to the business success by providing complex and specialist advise, managing projects, and promoting Cardno’s sustainability and construction environmental management services.
Your responsibilities will include –
- Contribute to proposal preparation and business development activities alongside our APAC Environment and Suitability Director
- Contribute in the delivery of industry-best practice sustainability outcomes for our industry partners in the transport, water, mining, ports, marine, oil and gas, and renewable energy sectors
- Working with our committed sustainability consultants to deliver on existing project commitments
- Lead, manage and/or review projects and project teams to ensure work output is of a technically high standard, complies with quality management systems, and activities are commercially viable for the business
- Provide specialist technical input, advice and review into feasibility studies and complex technical applications
- Develop strong working relationships to internal and external peers and stakeholders
Ideally you will possess –
Why join Cardno?
- Appropriate Tertiary qualification
- Infrastructure Sustainability Accredited Professional (ISAP) including experience in IS rating delivery
- Proven project management experience
- Demonstrated knowledge in multiple fields of environmental science
- Thorough knowledge of relevant standards and legislation
- An ability to demonstrate originality and ingenuity for devising practical and economic solutions to problems
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team
- Strong commercial acumen
- Flexibility to travel
- Leadership skills
Cardno offers meaningful opportunities for each individual member of our team to grow, make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally.
By joining Cardno, you will be part of an environment where you can collaborate with leading experts from diverse backgrounds, access development programs to achieve your career goals, and be challenged to take a global outlook.
At Cardno, we take care of the people that keep our business, clients and communities thriving. We offer benefits and initiatives to enhance your health and wellbeing, including parental leave, purchased leave and flexible working arrangements.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Notice to recruitment agencies: Please note that Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies.