A widely experienced Environmental Manager who specialises in providing strategic advice, direction and support for business-critical environmental operations, sustainability and project management initiatives.
With more than 20 years expertise in the construction and mining industries as an Environmental Engineer, Scientist and ISO 14001 Lead Environmental Auditor, Craig is recognised as a trusted environmental manager and leader in his field. He is a former Executive Director of the Infrastructure Sustainability Council of Australia (ISCA) and has developed a collaborative network of client and corporate stakeholders and key government authorities.
Craig has delivered multi-billion dollar projects in the building, construction, mining and oil & gas industries. He has worked with a broad range of clients including Roads WA, Chevron, INPEX, Victorian Regional Rail Link Authority, QLD Department of Transport and Main Roads, Transport NSW, NSW RMS, New Zealand TA, TransUrban, Sydney Metro, Origin Energy, Fortescue Metals and Roy Hill.
Most recently, Craig led the whole of business environment function for Australia’s largest construction and mining company, CPB Contractors (formerly Leighton Contractors). This involved the operational and strategic management of environmental risks for the infrastructure, tunnelling, mining, telco and services disciplines whilst developing and championing an environmental best practice culture across the business. Some of the high profile initiatives that could not have been achieved without Craig’s environmental expertise include:
- Oil & Gas - QLD APLNG Gas Gathering Project, NT INPEX Ichthys CVL-3 and NT INPEX Ichthys OPS-1
- Ports/Marine - WA Gorgon LNG Project Jetty Package
- Rail - Melbourne Regional Rail Package F; QLD Moreton Bay Rail; Sydney ETTT Rail Project; Epping to Chatswood Rail Link, Richmond Line Alliance, Kingsgrove To Revesby Quadrification; Sydney Metro North West NRT;
- Road - NSW M2 Upgrade; NSW Ballina Bypass Alliance Pacific Highway Upgrade; NSW Kempsey Bypass Alliance Pacific Highway Upgrade; NSW Sapphire to Woolgoolga Pacific Highway Upgrade; NSW Tarcutta Hume Alliance Hume Highway Upgrade; Sydney WestConnex Stages 1A, 1B and Stage 2; WA Perth Gateway; Transmission Gully NZ; SH16 Auckland Causeway NZ;
- Mining – Iron Ore and Metals (NT, Pilbara and Kimberly, WA) Coal (NSW and Queensland)
- Tunnelling - Sydney Metro TSC Package; Sydney WestConnex M4 East and New M5 Projects.
As the Director/Owner of Construction Environment Services (CES*), Craig offers a range of industry-leading services including:
- Strategic Planning: embedding environmental best practice company wide
- Risk Management : identifying and managing environment risk whilst driving compliance
- Project Delivery: overseeing environmental operations, planning, design and construction
- Audit/Quality Assurance: conducting comprehensive audits, reports and reviews
- Expert Legal Advice: providing legal advice in relation to environmental legislation, compliance actions and incident management
- Sustainability: designing and delivering infrastructure sustainability outcomes for major projects.