The Infrastructure Sustainability Council of Australia (ISCA) is a member-based not-for-profit public and private industry council. ISCA is the peak industry body for advancing sustainability outcomes in infrastructure.
ISCA specialise in the facilitation and development of industry led performance based integrated triple-bottom-line governance and reporting frameworks, decision tools and rating tools; generating communities of practise throughout the lifecycle from funding, planning, procurement, design and delivery to operations and maintenance.
The means by which ISCA is advancing sustainability outcomes in infrastructure is through the development and facilitation of the IS rating scheme. IS rating scheme is an industry-compiled voluntary sustainability performance rating scheme evaluating planning, design, construction and operation of all infrastructure asset classes in all sectors linking industry, communities and commerce beyond regulatory standards. Since launching in 2012, over $75 billion in infrastructure and civil works projects or assets across Australia and New Zealand have either been certified or registered for an IS rating. The IS rating scheme is Australia’s only comprehensive rating scheme for evaluating sustainability across design, construction and operation of infrastructure.
- Collaborate with infrastructure stakeholders throughout the entire supply chain to establish a community of practice around sustainability in infrastructure through adoption and development of the IS rating scheme.
- Establish the whole of life business case for sustainability across all infrastructure asset classes.
- Continue to improve and expand the IS rating scheme in line with industry needs and lessons learnt from current experiences, incorporating the Workforce Theme and Economic Theme into IS v2.0.
- Continue to facilitate the increasing application of the IS rating scheme in Australian infrastructure projects and assets of all capital values, life cycle stages, asset types and states and territories.
- Continue to expand the use of the IS rating scheme in New Zealand and other relevant activities to improve sustainability outcomes for New Zealand infrastructure.
- Promote and facilitate training, education and knowledge sharing relating to infrastructure sustainability along the entire supply chain.
- Contribute, facilitate and promote industry forums and research on key policy and advocacy issues relating to infrastructure sustainability challenges and opportunities.
We cultivate strong diverse collaborative relationships to lead sustainable outcomes.
We are the leading authority in sustainability in infrastructure knowledge.
We create value through sustainability in infrastructure.